Musics I done

Monday, March 05, 2007

what happened to simian

the new simian mobile disco song is loathesome.

also in ex-simian news, simon lord proves he can do the whole 'new rave' thing, along with lo-fi chris cunnigham stylings..


it turns out james ford produced the klaxons, which explains why i liked them. it's nice when you're tested and vindicated.

no more youtube links now, honest. i've had my moment in the sun.

on the other hand, zabrinski's new album is called 'party time, yeah?' which is interesting. and could restart the whole yeah? thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bits of the Simon Lord song are really good: the way the synths intertwine at the end. but the singing never really stops and he looks like a traffic warden. the video is excellent; like those Disney 70's movies about robots where the digital clock was the special effect highlight of the whole movie.

As for the SMD track, I really liked it, apart from that infuriatingly irritating vocal. Everything's gone 80's again and it's unsettling. And the video is the best thing I've seen in ages. why do you find it so loathesome? I'd be interested to know, because I think it's an interesting track that I could easily dislike, but for some reason don't. Er, right.

Grilly said...

I hated it on first listen, less so on second. Of course the synths are great, take that as read, but the vocal is tragic, and the actual music slightly weak.
forgot to mention simon lord's band is called the black ghosts. Makes a change from garden. There is now too much post simian stuff for me to be obsessive about, which is good.

unimbued said...

I fucking love the SMD track now. The vocal is a joke, but listen to the vocorder part that mirrors it in the background. and the middle eight is like a ray of sunshine. Grilly, you should hate tracks more often - even things you don't like rub off on me in a positive way.