Musics I done

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

album diary 6



We recorded 7 songs in 5 hours. I was drained from the experience, and the travelling, and despite a good night's sleep, I still am.

The record is so close to being finished now. The latest mixes - 'day five', since every subsequent mixdown is a day's virtual work - sound pretty much like finished tracks to my ears, partly because I've listened to them so much that I just accept them as sounding the way they do. The biggest remaining job, other than the actual mixing and mastering (which I am not doing, no way), has to be the final fixing of the drums, which I'm not looking forward to; Andrew suggested using more sampled beats, which I think is a good idea. I think the biggest deal is just to find a really, really good snare sound.

No comments: