Musics I done

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

so this is what being the nutter on the bus feels like

today was no music day, which i think is a great idea. resonance fm played no music, and nor did i. personally, instead of it being the day before the day dedicated to the patron saint of music, i think it should be at a polar opposite time of the year. but that's a mere quibble.

so it came to pass, that i got on the bus with my brother's copy of slaughter house 5, and no walkman, and sat upstairs, where a solitary scruffy school child sat at the front blared indie guitar pop from his ears. i was going to let it go, but the mood of the day got me and i approached him.

'excuse me, do you know it's no music day today?' i asked.

'do you mean you want me to turn it down?' he drawled, not impolitely, but he did make me realise what a fool i sounded.

'well, i mean it is actually no music day, but you don't have to go along with it if you don't want to, but yes, if you could turn it down that would be nice...'

he got his mp3 player out, span the wheel and i saw both that he had been listening to the libertines, and that the volume was literally on maximum. that's really uncalled for, as i said to the guy sat in front of me after the boy had got off, who shrugged and turned back again.

the moral of the story: don't talk to strangers, kids!

i had a bunch of thoughtys to scrwal down, but i left the note in my coat pocket that i lent to debbie after hers had a bottle of water spilled all over it. one i remember is school. i think it's odd how laurence always writes about things i was going to write about. school was such a ierd time, being woken up by hot wheetabix being spooned into my mouth while it was still dark outside. but i wanted to write about the fear of school. the extreme emotions you'd get as you got in in the moning and found out there was a piece of homework you'd not known to do. i've never known fear like that again, and i don't think i would have done if it wasn't for school. but then if not for school, i suppose i'd have had to have gone down the pits or something.

i'll have to do the rest later.

2 comments:

Ed said...

Yeah, I still get nightmares about missed coursework. It might have something to do with my working habits throughout school and college- i.e. play computer games until the night before the deadline and then do a rush job at the last minute. I got my act together a bit in University, but I still had to do my entire dissertation write-up in 36 hours without stopping.

Also, 90% of the people I went to school with were total dicks to me. These days that same 90% are still in Basingstoke and expecting their second child. I'm not sure which group of people is getting it right.

laurence said...

i think that's it man.. it's the fear, and when you look back on it it was so unnecessary. like school blew all emotions out of proportion. or maybe that's just being young. or getting old. or whatever. maybe it's just me reading rusty brown. oh, except that was -after- i wrote that. oh well. i wish i could feel school as well as c.ware portrays it in that book.

and i wonder what fucked up sigils blogger are hidding in their word verification words. i bet they're pumping all kinds of thoughts into our brains. that's probably why.. cos i fill them in more than you i get the thoughts first.