Musics I done

Monday, October 05, 2020

What Am I doing with this Blog?

 Hi Everyone.

I thought I'd write a quick note here to say, I think I need to start blogging again.

Over lockdown, I've been watching a lot of internet videos. Especially when I quite twitter - which made me much happier - when I came back to internet land, that really took over as 'thing I check all the time'. it kind of got to the point where my internal monologues began to resemble well-edited narrations over endless film clips.

It's good that I have absolutely no additional time in my life to start writing and editing videos. I can't imagine what would happen if I did; given that over the last 6 months, despite managing to fit in a few 90-minute films, I have not had a moment when I've had a chance/energy to watch a 2-hour film. 

But I've a few thoughts I want to write up. I miss reading blogs, it feels a bit retro now; but I do worry about the internet's move away from text, which is cheap to stream, easy to skip through, and has lower barriers to entry. I don't see the need to put myself forward as another man with opinions and a podcast; a blog is unobtrusive, you can take it or leave it.

So I'm going to start putting up the occasional longer piece every now-and-again, somethings well thought-out, too long and well-considered for twitter. I've a few bits and bobs i'm working on. So keep checking back here and I'll try to have my next piece up soon.

cheers

grilly.

No comments: